Friday 1 June 2012

My Talk at METU ELT Conference

Today I had another enjoyable experience: I gave a presentation this time at 2012 METU ELT Convention titled Embracing Challenges. The title of my presentation was A Literacy Challenge: How to Teach Reading. I say "enjoyable" because I really like sharing teaching ideas with colleagues and engaging in discussions with people from different contexts afterwards.

If you are interested in the slides I used in my speech today, here is the link to my Prezi presentation:

http://prezi.com/maqke7tj9862/present/?auth_key=f2spzat&follow=3iubkuc5gd_h

In the coming days, I will be posting some more detailed stuff on literacy instruction at tertiary level. I believe we should all revisit our approaches to teaching reading and do our best to better address our 21st century learners, whose needs are somewhat different from the needs of the previous generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment